24th Birthday Goal: Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire.
September 4: The day two queens were born...Beyoncé and I :) #blessed
Since it’s my b-day weekend ( HEY FELLOW VIRGOS!! ) I thought I’d compile a little list of some of the most important things I’ve learned in my 24 years of living.
1. Not everyone is going to like you and you can't please everyone. Know that it's okay if someone doesn't see how awesome you are.
2. Don't judge a book by it's cover.
3. You can't change people. Stop trying to.
4. Don't waste time worrying about situations you will never be able to control.
5. You can't do the same things over and over again expecting different results...that's insanity.
6. You will keep getting your heartbroken and you will survive each time until you find your person.
7. Take every opportunity that comes to you. Don't be afraid to go and find these opportunities yourself.
8. Don't stay anywhere you don't want to be, nothing is holding you back.
9. Let go of all the toxic people in your life that only bring you down. Life is too short to spend it with people who don't bring out your best.
10. Take time to do soul-searching if you aren't completely happy with your life and learn how to always love yourself.
11. Don't apologize for your passion. Make time for what you love.
12. Keep your options open and NEVER settle.
13. Learn how to say NO.
14. Make time and an effort for the people you want to keep in your life.
15. Know how to be independent and never rely on others for your happiness.
16. Excessive binge drinking will get you nowhere.
17. Be nice and friendly to everyone you encounter. You never know how this person might fit into your life.
18. NEVER give up.
19. Money is never the motivation.
20. Don't be afraid of change...it is a good thing. Everything is in a state of change.
21. Everything will work out the way it's supposed to. One thing fails, and another prospers. Always remember that.
22. It's okay to be scared at times, it means you are about to do something really brave and taking a risk.
23. Tell the people you love that you love them and do it often.
24. Live your life to the fullest and never take a day for granted.
I'm headed to Las Vegas for the weekend. Stay tuned for my birthday recap coming next week and have a great Labor Day Weekend!