So, I'm lucky enough that my birthday almost always falls over Labor Day Weekend. This year, my birthday fell on Labor Day. Oh, and did I mention Beyoncé and I share the same birthday?! That is one of the main reasons I'm so obsessed with her.
Quick Birthday Recap:
Sept. 2-4: Vegas weekend to celebrate with my friends that came from all over the country. Who doesn't love Vegas over Labor Day?
Sept. 6: Dinner, drinks, and the Jake Miller concert with LA friends.
Sept. 9-10: Weekend getaway to San Diego for a belated celebration with my mom. It was my first time there...finally!!!
WOW! Can you tell I like to keep my birthdays on the down low? NOT!
Anyways, in addition to my birthday recap, I've decided to list 24 things about myself that you may or may not know. I hope everyone can get to know me a little bit better!
1. I was born in San Francisco (Livermore to be exact). Much to my dismay, my parents moved me to Chicago at a young age so I could get to know all my extended family.
2. I have always been the youngest in my class. With an early September birthday, many kids were even a year older than me.
3. I call myself a morning person, but I don't necessarily like waking up early if I didn't get enough sleep. I'm most productive in the mornings with a full eight hours of sleep and a workout to start my day!
4. I graduated from The University of Missouri (Mizzou) in 2015 with a major in Broadcast Journalism and minors in both Spanish and Sociology. I can't wait to go back to Mizzou for Homecoming this year!
5. I pride myself in my time management skills. I don't think I would have survived this long without learning these skills at a young age. I was involved in gymnastics, dance, and cheerleading. In high school, I was in cheerleading, worked hard to get good grades, and had time for friends. In college I had two jobs, news reporting shifts, a social life, and a full-time college schedule! This taught me how to prioritize my time to make sure everything was always finished.
6. I love alone time! Don't get me wrong, being with friends and family is so important to me, but I have to have moments to myself.
7. I am the pickiest eater...but I am learning to get better.
8. Drink of choice: Wine or vodka water splash of cranberry juice. But if I'm on vacation...I love my margaritas.
9. I was extremely shy up until junior year of high school.
10. You can normally find me singing or dancing at any given moment and I am actually not too bad :)
11. Music is the air I breathe...literally. I can talk your ear off about anything and everything related to music.
12. I did my career speech on wanting to be a famous actress in middle school. LOL
13. I have one tattoo on my rib cage, it says "Live the Dream."
14. The best place I've ever traveled to is the Amalfi Coast.
15. My biggest pet peeve is people who text me saying "I have a question." Like why didn't you just ask it? Now you have me worried!
16. I'm ALWAYS cold. Literally. I keep a blanket with me at work no matter what the temperature is outside.
17. This is my favorite number :)
18. I don't care what people think of me in public, I always do weird/crazy things. I always have to be myself and be real!
19. Sometimes I say things way too loud then I intend them to be...
20. I believe in love at first sight, but my mom just thinks I'm a hopeless romantic. :(
21. I am very loyal and trustworthy, if you tell me a secret I will keep it.
22. "It's Brittany Bitch!" will come out of my mouth at any given moment. Hey, if you've got the name, use it right?
23. I have more friends than I have money and that is completely okay with me.
24. We just put my family dog to sleep (Jasmine) last year and I can't wait until I have the time to get myself my own. I want to get a blue-eyed Alaskan Klee Kai.
So there you have it, Brittany Rendak in a nutshell :) Happy Virgo Season :)